Mrs. Sarah Kettelhohn, Superintendent
We Envision A School District….
· Where students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community have mutual respect for one another and place our children first.
· Where the needs of all students are met through differentiated instruction and multiple modalities to challenge each individual to reach beyond what anyone thought was possible.
· Where instructional decisions are made using real-time data to ensure alignment of curriculum, instruction, and assessment to deliver a state-of-the-art education to all students at all levels.
· Where partnerships with other organizations (business, non-profits, foundations, etc.) create a community of educators working together to raise student achievement building meaningful relationships and making learning relevant to living in the twenty-first century.
· Whose primary concern is of service to all people of every age, from birth to senior citizen.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Attached you will find the superintendent evaluation.
May 15, 2013 School Board Meeting Recap
1. Special Meeting at 6:45
a. Discuss open board seat and candidate for SISD
b. Discussed needing to send board representative to vote on June 3, 2013.
2. Regular board meeting
a. Approval of the Agenda with an addition to go into executive session.
b. Approval of May 1, 2013 board minutes.
d. Principal’s report – elementary
1. Current enrollment status. Anticipated enrollment status.
2. Fifth Grade Graduation Thursday May 17, 2013 at 1:30.
3. Summer Reading Program. Mrs. LeFevre who has run the program for 14 years is stepping aside. Thank you Mrs. LeFevre. Cheri Schoof will now organizing it.
4. Field Day will be Thursday May 30th. PVO has been working hard organizing it. Opening Ceremony is at 9:00am and closing ceremony will be at 2:00pm. Kara Jimenez a parent of one of our students and an instructor at Delta will host fitness station.
5. Title I summer school will be held June 10-June 21 3 hours a day.
6. Mini Band camp for 5th grade students June 10-14 from 12:00-3:00pm.
7. Spring Conferences held March 28, 2013. Teachers met with 94% of our parents.
e. Superintendent report.
1. Bond update – work on football field will be starting any day now. Information is going on the website and in the Valley Shopper about the work and needing to be off the field for a year.
2. SISD Election – will be sending a representative to vote on the open board seat at the SISD on June 3, 2013.
3. SISD 2013-2014 Budget presentation.
4. Lunch prices for 2013-2014. Increase due to State requirements. Elementary will be $2.25. MS/HS will be $2.50. Reduced lunch will be .40
5. Law Day. Our Law Day Team won its fourth event in a row. This year’s case involved how schools respond to Title IX and athletic controversies. The team consisted of Alexis Coppens as Open and Closing Statement Lawyer, Kyle Metiva as Cross Examination Lawyer, Holly Finch as Direct Examination Lawyer. Witnesses were Ali Armentrout as mother of the plaintiff, Alexis Maike as the plaintiff, and Megan Rich as former coach of the plaintiff. Good job.
6. End of the year staff breakfast June 5, 2013.
f. Action Items.
1. Approved for Brandi Siler to be the board representative to vote for Ruth Coppens for the open board seat at the SISD.
2. Adopted the 2013-2014 SISD budget.