Here is the information from the June 20, 2012 School Board Meeting
1. Superintendent’s report.
a. Bond Project update
1. Asbestos is removed from the buildings.
2. Carpet and flooring that is being replaced is out of the buildings.
3. Middle school lockers are removed.
4. Heating ventilators are 95% removed.
5. Honey bees have made a home at the middle school roof. Have to have them removed, cannot kill them. Have someone out this week to get rid of them.
6. There are still lockers for sale for $25.
b. Welding program has hit a snag. Continuing to work out the snag.
c. Support Staff ratified their contract. There is a three year contract.
d. Lakeville Schools has joined the TVC. They will be in the East division and will start the 2013-14 school year.
e. Have filled the paper work with the State for seat time waiver. Waiting for their approval.
f. Filing deadline for local school board candidates is 4:00p.m. August 14, 2012. See Rochelle Siler for application.
g. Next School Board meeting is July 18, 2012.
2. Action Items
a. Adopted the State Aid Note Borrowing.
b. Adopted the 2011-2012 School Year Budget Amendment.
c. Adopted the 2012-2013 School Year Budget.
d. Adopted to recall most of the teachers laid off.
e. Ratified the teacher’s contract.